There many different kinds of detox diets. The most popular ones are based on eating certain types of food and avoiding others. There have been many popular diets that use this system. Arguably the most popular is the Clean Cleanse System that was made popular by Gwyneth Paltrow.
The basics of the detox diets are to avoid certain foods and enjoy the good foods. Usually the good foods are not limited and you shouldn’t get hungry on the diet. Foods to be avoided are wheat, sugar, dairy, fried foods, and other types of processed food.
The foods that are allowed on the diet are usually fresh fruits and vegetables and other foods that don’t cause inflammation to the body.
Detox is short for detoxification or the removal of toxic substances that are being stored in your body. These toxic substances can cause a host of problems ranging from getting sick easily and even lowering your metabolism, which can cause you to gain weight.
Due to all the process foods that we eat, it’s easy to pick up a lot of toxic substances. That’s why it’s such a great idea to clear these toxic substances out of our body, at least every once in a while. A detoxification diet can be an incredibly powerful tool for healing your body and moving you to a higher state of health.
The great thing about the human body is its tremendous ability to heal and cleanse itself if given half a chance. By taking advantage of the detox diet you can really improve your health.
Symptoms of Toxicity
- Do you often feel tired or sluggish?
- Do you have trouble concentrating?
- You get sick easily?
- Do you have bad breath?
- Are your sinuses regularly stuffed up?
- Do you have postnasal drip?
- Do you have noticeable body odor when not using a deodorant?
- Do you feel bloated or gassy after eating a meal?
- Do you have dark circles under your eyes?
- Do you suffer from allergies?
- Do you suffer from skin problems like acne, psoriasis or eczema?
- Do you have a bowel movement every day?
- Have you ever smoked or been regularly exposed to a smoker?
- Do you drink less than 3 cups of water daily
- Do you eat meat more than twice a day?
- Do you eat less than a serving of green vegetables every day?
The more of these questions that you answered yes to indicates a greater need to employ the detox diet.
A detox diet can greatly improve the quality of your health and how you feel.
For more info on the detox diet see Wikipedia.