Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1. Apple Cider Vinegar helps with weight loss because it breaks down fats so that your body can use them versus store them.
- It is rich in acetic acid, which is thought to retard the digestion of starch which can help reduce the rise in glucose that often occurs after a meal.
- Its richness in ash gives ACV its alkaline property, which enables your body to maintain proper pH levels for the healthy alkaline state essential in losing weight.
- ACV is thought to aid with bowel irregularity and to speed up the elimination of toxins from the body.
- It is beneficial in clearing skin problems.
- It is also rich in malic acid, the source of ACV’s anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- ACV is rich in potassium, a mineral essential for growth, building of muscle, transmission of nerve impulses, heart activity, etc. It also helps to prevent hair loss, brittle teeth, and runny noses.
- It can help lower bad cholesterol and regulate blood pressure.
- Studies have shown that it will slow the growth of cancer cells.
There are, however, some risks to the long-term use of ACV or the use of it in excess:
- Since it’s highly acidic, ACV is harsh. It should always be diluted with water or juice before ingested. Undiluted vinegar could damage tooth enamel and the tissues of your mouth and throat. It can also burn the skin.
- Using ACV over the long term could lower bone density and cause low potassium levels.
- Theoretically, ACV could interact with laxatives, diuretics, and medicines for diabetes and heart disease.
- Since vinegar contains chromium, it can alter your insulin levels, so if you have diabetes, check with your doctor before using it.
- It is dangerous and unwise to try to control a serious medical condition on your own using this or any other natural treatment.
One more point of concern about using Apple Cider Vinegar is the quality of vinegar. The best vinegar to use is Bragg’s Organic Raw, Unfiltered, Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar with The “Mother”, which provides many health benefits. Braggs is a reputable brand which has been around since 1912. Since clear vinegar is processed, it does not have the benefits that raw Apple Cider Vinegar has. We highly recommend that if you do the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet you use Bragg’s Organic Raw, Unfiltered, Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar with The “Mother”.
There seem to be a lot of health benefits to ACV and we did find some people that lost weight on this diet. It is no majic pill that is going to make you loose 20 or thirty pounds.
For some people it seems to be a good health product. Other people seem to have some very adverse reactions to the stuff.
As with any diet, consult with you physician before you start! [ PREVIOUS PAGE ]